Have you experienced going out with your friends and one of the challenges you in a drinking game? And because you have little or no skills in chugging beer, your friends tease you because you cannot keep up with them? If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then you are definitely on the right track!
In this article, we will show you the ways on how to chug beer. From pouring the beer until you slam that empty glass at the table, we got you covered! These steps are from American College bros that are masters at this craft. We also have other tips that will help you chug your beer faster and more efficiently.
Now, let’s get into the list!
- 1 How to Chug a Beer in 7 Steps
- 2 Advanced Beer Chugging Tips
- 3 Final Thoughts
How to Chug a Beer in 7 Steps
1. Pour the beer and wait for the bubbles to subside
Getting rid of the bubbles will help you drink your beer quickly. Besides, the beer will also warm up a little while you are waiting. This is best if you do not want your stomach to end up with a lot of foam.
2. Release more carbon dioxide from the beer
You can do this by hitting the bottom of the glass on the table. Release CO2 in the air instead of taking it inside your belly.
3. Hold the beer and slightly lean your head back
You are almost there but do not drink it yet! This is to prepare you for what’s going to happen next.
4. Take a deep breath
This is to prepare yourself before chugging the beer. It will save you a lot of time because it will eliminate the need for you taking a breath while chugging.
5. Swing the glass quickly
Let the beer fall freely on your throat. This is faster compared to sipping or gulping. Think of it as if you are pouring water down the drain. Let gravity do the work.
6. Hold your breath
Step #4 is crucial since if you miss taking a deep breath, your body will force you to breathe while chugging. This will affect your chugging speed.
7. Slam the empty glass on the table
Not too hard, or you will break your beer glass. This is to show everyone that you are done chugging your beer!
Advanced Beer Chugging Tips
You can also practice the following tips on how to drink beer faster:
- Pace – Start chugging slowly, then increase the pace as you seem fit. We do not want you to drown yourself in beer on your first try.
- Funneling – Want to know how to how to open your throat to chug? Try “funneling.” This will train you in opening your throat. After that, apply the previous techniques to drinking from a glass.
- Warm beer – Before chugging, always remember to warm up the beer a little. Ice-cold beer might give you brain freeze.
- Straw – If drinking from a bottle, put in a straw and bend it at 90 degrees. Hold the straw and apply the rest of the chugging techniques while drinking from the bottle. The straw will allow air into the bottle, helping you push the beer into your throat.
And here we are with the steps on how to chug beer.
There is no assurance that if you follow these steps on your first try, it will be an immediate success. What’s most important is that you keep these tips in mind and follow it during your practice.
Now, downing a lot of beers at an insane rate is not a smart move, especially if you got things to do in the morning. The dreaded hangover the next day is a classic productivity killer (or just a mood killer in general).
Luckily for you, I have the perfect hangover remedy: Thrive+ After-Alcohol Aid. Whenever I have a big night, I pop a few pills in before bed and feel energized the next day. It’s as if I never drunk beer the night beer! This is my go-to hangover cure and I highly recommend you giving it a go.