Humans began brewing beer thousands of years ago, and they have been saying witty things about beer for just as long. Check out our list: 52Brews’ 30 Favorite Beer Quotes!
1. Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!
– Martin Luther
2. Everybody needs to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another beer.
3. Beer, if drunk in moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
4. He was a wise man who invented beer.
5. From man’s sweat and God’s love, beer came into the world.
6. Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life’s problems.”
– Homer Simpson
7. Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger
8. Fermentation may have been a better invention than fire.”
― David Rains Wallace
9. A bottle of beer contains more philosophy than all the books in the world.”
― Louis Pasteur
10. Today I was a hero. I rescued some beer that was trapped in a bottle.
11. How do you know a man is thinking about his future? He buys two cases of beer instead of one.
12. I look like the kind of guy who has a bottle of beer in my hand.
– Charles Bronson
13. If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they’re full.
– Dave Mustaine
14. Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
—Kaiser Welhelm II
15. There is nothing in the world like the first taste of beer.
16. I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat, and beer.
17. In a study, scientists report that drinking beer can be good for the liver. I’m sorry, did I say scientists’ I meant Irish people.
18. Beer may not solve your problems, but neither will water or milk.
19. Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
20. 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
21. Most cultures made beer before they had an alphabet.
22. A man who lies about beer makes enemies.
— Stephen King
23. Stay with the beer. Beer is continuous blood. A continuous lover.
— Charles Bukowski
24. The mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer. ”
– Egyptian proverb
25. Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
– Kaiser Wilhelm
26. Everybody has to believe in something…..I believe I’ll have another drink.
– W.C. Fields
27. May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead.
– Irish Toast
28. Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
– Ernest Hemingway
29. There is only one game at the heart of America and that is baseball, and only one beverage to be found sloshing at the depths of our national soul and that is beer.
30. A little bit of beer is divine medicine.”
52Brews brings easy-to-understand, unpretentious craft beer and homebrew information for our readers. We got you covered on all things craft beer, beer of the month clubs, homebrewing, general beer knowledge and more!