If you’re into brewing and serving your own beer or wine, then it’s a give that you’re going to want a quality faucet to do the job well.
A proper, functioning and stylish tap can really enhance your home-brewing and drinking experience. And after going through a decent amount of them, it’s safe to say that we’re all for the Perlick 630SS beer faucet.
In this article, we review one of Perlick’s products which they claim to be ‘a favourite of beer lovers everywhere’ – the Perlick 630SS Forward Sealing Beer and Wine Faucet. It’s important that you know what you’re getting into, especially if you’re going to invest in something that you’d like to give you quality results and also last for as long as possible. So we’re going to go over every detail, making your decision to buy the Perlick Beer Faucet is an easy and certain one.
Perlick Faucet 630SS: Features
- Bearing Cup/Follower: Maintains steady and uniform pressure on the pivot ball, allowing for consistent pouring flow.
- Stainless Steel: Easier to clean, does not corrode and most importantly, protects the taste of the beer/wine.
- Sealing O-Ring: Front and rear sealing flats are more contoured, allowing more surface area to meet to allow for a better seal. This means a fresh taste every time you pour.
- Flow Control Handle: The flow control handle is placed on the side of the faucet and is adjustable to control the speed of the flow, giving you the freedom to pour at the speed of your liking.
- More Vertical Spout: Leads to better pouring and no draining, no flat area from which to collect beer or wine.
- Shape & Design: The Perlick 630SS has a very distinctive, slick appearance that looks nicer than your run-of-the-mill beer faucet. The pioneering design also means that the handle lever will not stick, even if it’s not been used for a long period of time.This really sets it apart from its substandard counterparts in the market.
- Function: It is also unique in how it works. The 630SS has a revolutionary ball and floating O-ring design which prevents any of the beer or wine from being exposed to any air, keeping the beer or wine in the best possible shape for the longest amount of time.
- There will be no build up of bacteria inside the body- this means the taste of the beer or win will be at its purest.
- The Perlick 630SS has very few inner parts. Which means it’s going to be very easy to take apart.
- It is very easy to clean- a quick in-place wash will do the trick!
- The Perlick beer faucet pours quicker than most other faucets found in the market these days. This also means that it gives a smooth and consistent result every time.
- You might have to buy separate parts – if you’re mounting the Perlick faucet 630SS without a pre-existing connection, you will be required to invest in a beer shank with a faucet coupling nut. Make sure the shank you buy is The right size for your faucet.
- On very rare occasions, there have been complaints of the tap leaking. But this is extremely unlikely to happen.
- The price of the Perlick Faucet 630SS is a notch over most other beer faucets. It can set you back to around $45 to $60, depending on where you buy it from.
Perlick 630SS Beer Faucet: To Buy or Not to Buy?
The Perlick 630SS Beer Faucet has received excellent reviews, and, it seems, for good reason. Of course, based on this article, it is obvious we are very big fans of the Perlick 630SS Faucet. As you can see, even the drawbacks are not really that bad. If you are serious about your beer and want a pleasant experience every time, we recommend that you go for it.
The one thing that might have you reconsider with the Perlick beer tap is that it can be heavier on the wallet than others, but even that is justifiable! In retrospect, it will be well worth it considering how long it will last and the quality it produces, putting into consideration the amazing features it boasts. You won’t have to worry about clogged faucets again and have a smooth consistency with the perfect taste!